In the United States Court of Appeals
for the Fifth Circuit
Abigail Noel Fisher, Plaintiff-Appellant
University of Texas at Austin, et al., Defendants-Appellees
On January 18, 2011, by a 3-0 vote, a three-judge panel of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the U.S. District Court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of The University of Texas at Austin. On September 15, 2011, Plaintiff filed a Petition for a Writ of Certiorari with the United States Supreme Court, which was granted on February 21, 2012.
Rehearing En Banc
- Petition for Rehearing En Banc (February 1, 2011)
- Response to Petition for Rehearing En Banc (February 22, 2011)
- Order Denying Petition for Rehearing En Banc (June 17, 2011)
- Notice of Appeal (September 14, 2009)
- Appeal Information Sheet (September 14, 2009)
- Transcript Order (September 25, 2009)
- Unopposed Motion to Extend Briefing Deadlines (November 11, 2009)
- Record Excerpts of Plaintiffs-Appellants (December 21, 2009)
- Unopposed Motion by the Black Student Alliance at UT Austin and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to File an Amicus Curiae Brief Opposing Appellant's Motion for Rehearing En Banc (March 1, 2011)
- Order Granting Unopposed Motions by Amicus Curiae to File Briefs re Rehearing En Banc (March 4, 2011)
Briefs in Support of Respondents
- The United States
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center, et al.
- American Council of Education, et al.
- Texas League of United Latin American Citizens
- New York Law School Racial Justice Project
- Black Student Alliance at UT Austin and the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc.
- Black Student Alliance at UT Austin and The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. Opposing Appellants' Petition for Rehearing En Banc
Briefs in Support of Petitioners